Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Discrepancy among various evaluating agencies. 

Upasanabedi
Upasanabedi

Posted On: 3/8/2020
Upasanabedi
Upasanabedi
I am writing this post to raise a complaint against WES, the credential evaluating service of Canada. I got my documents evaluated by WES and received the final report on 14th February 2020. The problem with my report is that my two year full time PGDM(Post graduate diploma in management) was awarded as a postgraduate diploma of one year. Despite of sending them so many emails I have failed to get a proper response/clarification from them as to why they did not award it as masters.
Since, there customer service is so poor I am not even able to attach the evidence which clearly states that my college is AIU approved and the AIU website clearly states that PGDM offered by my college is equivalent to that of Masters. Now, this just does not end here. Another complaint that I have is that there is a lot of discrepancy in evaluating the credentials from various agencies. For example, If I get my same PGDM evaluated by IQAS, it is considered as masters. So why is there so much of discrepancy. Why is it that the evaluating criterion is different from agency to agency? Who is responsible for bearing so much of the expenses? For your reference I am attaching the constant and the same revert that I have been receiving from WES and the IQAS education guide page 36 which clearly states that IMT’s PGDM is equivalent to that of Masters.
Can anyone provide me with convincing answers and look into this matter.

Thank You,
Upasana
link

Posted On: 3/18/2020
Hi Upasana,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form. You may also want to contact IQAS about their program as well, you can find their contact information here.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful. Here is an excerpt from this thread:

After Receiving Your Evaluation Report
WES is one of the very few evaluation services which has a “free” appeal process. For questions about your evaluation report, please write to (always state your WES Reference Number)

We hope that other users will be able to share their experience with you regarding status changes. You may also be interested in Settlement.Org articles on Credential Evaluation, this may offer more insight on getting your credentials assessed and referrals for other institutions providing the same service.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Settlement.Org Team
link