Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring Spouse after CoPR and before landing 

avsubram
avsubram

Posted On: 20 days ago
avsubram
avsubram
I applied for Canadian PR as a single applicant through FSW Express Entry and received my CoPR and Travel Document printed on my Passport in January. I am an Indian citizen living in USA currently. I have not yet landed in Canada. I am getting married end of March and I want to include my Spouse to my PR application. I understand that this would mean I would have to return my passport back to IRCC and get my CoPR cancelled and submit additional documents. What I am not sure is when I need to inform IRCC about this change in marital status. Is it better to wait until after I get married to notify them or can I notify them about my upcoming marriage? I will not be able to submit my passport back to IRCC before I get married. Hence, I am not sure which should happen first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 19 days ago
PMM
PMM
Hi

avsubram wrote:
I applied for Canadian PR as a single applicant through FSW Express Entry and received my CoPR and Travel Document printed on my Passport in January. I am an Indian citizen living in USA currently. I have not yet landed in Canada. I am getting married end of March and I want to include my Spouse to my PR application. I understand that this would mean I would have to return my passport back to IRCC and get my CoPR cancelled and submit additional documents. What I am not sure is when I need to inform IRCC about this change in marital status. Is it better to wait until after I get married to notify them or can I notify them about my upcoming marriage? I will not be able to submit my passport back to IRCC before I get married. Hence, I am not sure which should happen first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. CIC doesn't need to be informed until you are married.
link
hardeepbrahm
hardeepbrahm

Posted On: 18 days ago
hardeepbrahm
hardeepbrahm
Hi how can I change name on work permit? Thanks. HB
link

Posted On: 18 days ago
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum to share your question.

In regards to your question you may find useful information in:

Naming procedures: Managing existing records – Change of name request

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/naming-procedures/managing-existing-records-change-name-request.html#types

We hope you find this information useful.

Thank you again for using our forum.

Settlement.Org

hardeepbrahm wrote:
Hi how can I change name on work permit? Thanks. HB
link