Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

Getting Health Care (OHIP) 

Fotima
Fotima

Posted On: 20 days ago
Fotima
Fotima
Can I submit e-statement of my bank account for applying Health card in Ontario ?
link

Posted On: 7 days ago
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, What documents do I need to apply for a Health Card (OHIP)?

To apply for a Health Card (OHIP) you need 3 types of documents. You must bring original documents. You cannot use photocopies.

You cannot use the same document twice. For example, if you use your Driver's Licence for section 2, you cannot use it again for section 3. You may need additional documents. For example, if you have changed your name, you may need to show a marriage certificate or a change of name certificate.

According to a representative at Service Ontario, electronic statements or photocopies of electronic statements will not be accepted for health card renewal.

Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, Ontario is extending validation periods for driver licenses and OHIP cards. This means expired and expiring health cards will be accepted until the current situation improves. To apply for a new photo health card, you may have to visit a local Service Ontario centre and be aware of possible closures.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Settlement.Org Team
link