Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Applying to Colleges/Universities 

rcrdo
rcrdo

Posted On: 3/26/2020
rcrdo
rcrdo
I am moving to Ontario, Canada during the summer. My dad is currently there under a work permit, and along with my mom, plans to apply for PR and eventually citizenship. I am currently a high school senior living in the United States, and I was wondering whether I should apply to Canadian schools as an international student or a Canadian resident since I plan on staying in Canada post-graduation. Thank you in advance.
link

Posted On: 4/22/2020
rcrdo wrote:
I am moving to Ontario, Canada during the summer. My dad is currently there under a work permit, and along with my mom, plans to apply for PR and eventually citizenship. I am currently a high school senior living in the United States, and I was wondering whether I should apply to Canadian schools as an international student or a Canadian resident since I plan on staying in Canada post-graduation. Thank you in advance.

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. This is an exciting time to be looking at colleges and universities. You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, Do I need a study permit? How do I apply?
If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, then you might need a study permit to study in Canada.

We can appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide detailed information regarding how to apply for a study permit.

You may want to seek the advice of a lawyer or a reputable, registered immigration consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration and education issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

You may also find some helpful information on the website newyouth.ca -- an online community for immigrant and refugee youth all over Ontario.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link