Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

How do I change my OW worker? Can I? 

AnngziyeT
AnngziyeT

Posted On: 3/31/2020
AnngziyeT
AnngziyeT
Hi everybody, I have been having problems with my worker, I was on the ASI program and then they graduated me and assigned me a worker without even telling me.. Now my worker is a young girl who thinks she's top... She makes me feel like a junkie for my past and for having to go get my methadone, she changes things without telling me, is extremely rude and just downright nasty if you try and go against her... Need help please!! Have filed complaints with the supervisor but the supervisor is on her side...
link

Posted On: 3/31/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. I’m sorry to hear that your OW worker isn’t supporting you the way you need. We believe you, it is no easy task to get to where you are and you deserve to receive services with compassion and care.

You may find helpful information in Make a Complaint about Employment & Social Services. You have already made strides towards the first step (making a complaint to management in your local office), but here is an excerpt on next steps:

If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled, you can contact staff at the Client Services & Information Unit for further assistance. All complaints received are formally recorded and reviewed by management staff. The information you provide will be used to investigate the complaint. You may be contacted by phone for more information.

What happens if I disagree with the outcome of my complaint?
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you may contact the General Manager’s Office, at 416-397-9682, for a further review.

If you are not satisfied after contacting the General Manager’s Office, you may contact the Office of the Ombudsman, City of Toronto at 416-392-7062, or by email at [email protected]. For more information, visit the website for the Toronto Ombudsman.

You may also find some helpful information in the discussion forum thread: Ontario Works Caseworker ignoring my emails. Here is an excerpt:
You can contact your local office for more information or escalate your complaint above your caseworker and their direct supervisor.

If you’d like to file a complaint about your worker and the way they have conducted themselves professionally you can submit a complaint to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.

If you wish to make a complaint about the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services itself, you can do so through the Ombudsman of Ontario.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Settlement.Org Team
link