Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeCommunity and Recreation

Arts and Culture, Libraries, Media, Religion and Worship, Sports and Recreation...

Am I eligible for any government benefits? 

Sylap
Sylap

Posted On: 4/9/2020
Sylap
Sylap
My name is Sylva. Im a newcomer in Toronto. We arrived on feb. 24. Till now i dont have a job. I want to ask if i am eligible to apply for any benefits from government. Thank you.
link
Peta
Peta

Posted On: 4/15/2020
Peta
Peta
When you find out let me know also please.
link

Posted On: 4/28/2020
Sylap wrote:
My name is Sylva. Im a newcomer in Toronto. We arrived on feb. 24. Till now i dont have a job. I want to ask if i am eligible to apply for any benefits from government. Thank you.

Hi Sylva,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. We understand that this is a difficult time to be finding work, we hope to provide you with some assistance by sharing some helpful information.

If you have not found work, you may be eligible for the Ontario Works benefit. This benefit provides people with financial and employment assistance while they continue their job search. You can read more about the eligibility criteria for Ontario Works here.

Settlement.Org also has a Financial Assistance section, where you can find information on various government programs and financial supports you may be eligible for.

You may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section. Settlement agencies can also help you find financial assistance options.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link

Posted On: 4/28/2020
Peta wrote:
When you find out let me know also please.

Hi Peta,

I hope the information above is helpful. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
aman121
aman121

Posted On: 4/19/2021
aman121
aman121
Can we do the part-time job there if only we have study visa? is it legal there?
link
aman121
aman121

Posted On: 4/27/2021
aman121
aman121
is there anyone who can help me knowing about part-time job with study visa?
link