Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship Reapplication Process/Fees 

Danimoni
Danimoni

Posted On: 5/29/2020
Danimoni
Danimoni
Hello. I am a U.S. Citizen who applied for Canadian Citizenship in July, 2019, but was denied because I did not meet the 1,095 days of physical presence requirement (I was not aware I needed Temporary Resident status to claim ½ days I was resident prior to becoming a Permanent Resident). I have since accrued enough time to meet the 1,095 days physical presence requirement and would like to reapply, but am confused about fees. In the letter I received, it states "If you choose to reapply, you must submit a new application form with a new Physical Presence Calculator printout along with the required fees, photos and supporting documents." But it doesn't state what the fees are and later it also states, "If you choose not to reapply, and would like to request a refund, please see the following website for further information...."

Does anyone know the proper fees to submit for a reapplication for Canadian Citizenship? It seems like it would not be the full $630 because it seems possible to request a refund and apply from scratch, which would certainly be result in less. Any help or guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks!
link

Posted On: 6/30/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

According to a representative at IRCC, applications are eligible for a refund if your application has not begun processing yet. It is best that you contact IRCC’s client support centre directly for information specific to your application. Due to the current situation with COVID-19, it is advised that you contact IRCC using their web form.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/30/2020
PMM
PMM
Hi

Danimoni wrote:
Hello. I am a U.S. Citizen who applied for Canadian Citizenship in July, 2019, but was denied because I did not meet the 1,095 days of physical presence requirement (I was not aware I needed Temporary Resident status to claim ½ days I was resident prior to becoming a Permanent Resident). I have since accrued enough time to meet the 1,095 days physical presence requirement and would like to reapply, but am confused about fees. In the letter I received, it states "If you choose to reapply, you must submit a new application form with a new Physical Presence Calculator printout along with the required fees, photos and supporting documents." But it doesn't state what the fees are and later it also states, "If you choose not to reapply, and would like to request a refund, please see the following website for further information...."
Does anyone know the proper fees to submit for a reapplication for Canadian Citizenship? It seems like it would not be the full $630 because it seems possible to request a refund and apply from scratch, which would certainly be result in less. Any help or guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks!

1. Your application was processed in 2019 and was refused, so there would be no refund of the fee.
2. If you submit a new application, it will be with new fees. It is the full $630.
link