Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Not Received 

JAE1009
JAE1009

Posted On: 7/5/2020
JAE1009
JAE1009
Hi,

My family and I secured our permanent residence status in 2015 and landed in Canada last May 4, 2016. However, due of my mother's medical condition and marital issues, we decided to come back to the Philippines 2 months later. My wife and our kids have received their PR cards but mine was not included on the mail received. My wife and kids' PR card are due to expire on August 29, 2021.

With an agreed plan to finally migrate for good by next year, last February 2020 I applied for a PRTD (IMM5524) and cited the reason that I did not received the original PR card attaching my wife & kids' PR cards for reference. However, I got my passport and notification from the Canadian Embassy in Manila last June 29, 2020 informing me that my request was disapproved for the reason I did not met the required residency for a 5-year period. I was surprised because the reply is somewhat disconnected in answering the request and stated reason I gave. I was given 60 days to file for an appeal at the IAD Office in Toronto.

While doing research and preparing for my appeal, I came across IMM 5451 - Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card. I am now at a crossroad whether to proceed on filing the appeal at the IAD - Toronto or proceed in filing the IMM 5451 since I really didn't received my PR card in the first place.

Appreciate all the help and advise.

Thanks,

JAE1009
link

Posted On: 7/21/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may want the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer familiar with immigration law for advice regarding your situation.

IRCC may take humanitarian and compassionate reasons into consideration for your extended stay. However, this is up to IRCC and it would be best for you to contact the local visa office or IRCC via web form for details regarding your specific application.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link