Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLandlord and Tenant Information and Issues

Landlord/tenant rights, dealing with problems, where to get help...

Landlord issue Eviction notice after Aug01 2020 

mdmm
mdmm

Posted On: 8/3/2020
mdmm
mdmm
Need your opinions please:
I was reading in all newspapers that Covid-19 Emergency has ended on July 24, 2020 and Bill 184 is now in action. Landlord can issue "Eviction Notices" to their Tenants after August 01 , 2020.
I am a sick senior with big mortgage and utilities to pay every month. My tenant is a bodybuilder and seems hard to get him out of apartment. Kindly let me know, how can I get my tenant eviction. My tenant did not pay rent for two months and practically he defaulted for two months rent . Kindly put your suggestion,what should I do ?
link

Posted On: 8/31/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

As a landlord, you can apply to terminate your rental agreement with the Landlord and Tenant Board. The board resolves disputes between landlords and tenants, and handles eviction applications. You may want to contact the nearest Community Legal Clinic for some advice regarding your situation.

You may also find useful information at the Landlord’s Self-Help Centre. The Landlord's Self-Help Centre is a non-profit specialty community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario and mandated to provide support exclusively to Ontario's small landlord community.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link