Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLiving in Ontario

Post information about settling and living in your city in Ontario.

Do I have to pay for a new birth certificate? 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 8/18/2020
ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello good morning. I sadly lost my birth certificate for my kids I was wonder if you have to pay for a new one? And where can I get a new one I heard that if you go to a hospital they will apparently give you a free one but I don’t know if that is true. But yea that’s all I have to ask thank you so much and stay safe and have a good day
link

Posted On: 8/31/2020
ForumUser wrote:
Hello good morning. I sadly lost my birth certificate for my kids I was wonder if you have to pay for a new one? And where can I get a new one I heard that if you go to a hospital they will apparently give you a free one but I don’t know if that is true. But yea that’s all I have to ask thank you so much and stay safe and have a good day

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, What if my Ontario birth certificate is lost or stolen?:
If you were born in Ontario you can apply for a replacement birth certificate through Service Ontario.
To replace your birth certificate, you can:

It can cost between $25.00 and $75.00 to replace an Ontario birth certificate with Service Ontario.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
dmal70
dmal70

Posted On: 9/25/2020
dmal70
dmal70
Thanks for the thread. I was looking for related information.
link

Posted On: 9/28/2020
dmal70 wrote:
Thanks for the thread. I was looking for related information.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on the forum. We hope this thread was helpful.
link
Michael C
Michael C

Posted On: 10/6/2020
Michael C
Michael C
Maybe you need to pay for it. I don't know the precise criteria.
link

Posted On: 10/6/2020
Michael C wrote:
Maybe you need to pay for it. I don't know the precise criteria.

Hi There,

A replacement for your birth certificate can cost between $25.00 and $75.00 with Service Ontario. The criteria for cost depends on the shipping and type of birth certificate you order and can be found on the Service Ontario Website.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link