Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

How to renew Health Card online without a driver's 

ConnieCL
ConnieCL

Posted On: 13 days ago
ConnieCL
ConnieCL
13 Sept. 2020

I have been trying to renew my OHIP card online but I am always asked to provide a license driver number which I don't have because I do not drive. Instead, I have a photo card which the computer does not accept. What should I do since I don't want to go out of my place during this COVID19? I am 74 year old.
link

Posted On: 2 days ago
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Due to the current situation with COVID-19, you may not need to renew your health card. Expired health cards will be accepted by Ontario health care providers.

According to Service Ontario’s COVID-19 notice:
Please note: we have extended validation to expired and expiring health cards. You do not need to renew at this time.

Unfortunately, a drivers licence is necessary to renew your healthcard online. But, Service Ontario recommends that you continue using an expired card in the meantime to access health services. Feel free to also contact Service Ontario’s INFOline at 1-866-532-3161 for more information.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Your Settlement.Org Team
link