Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

Worried about PTSD, need help 

Ruby Paul
Ruby Paul

Posted On: 9/30/2020
Ruby Paul
Ruby Paul
Hello companions,

I'm a student. My parents gifted me a puppy two years ago. But a month before, I viewed my puppy dying in front of me.

I was so close to her, and we were in a strong bond that I could never live without her. Yet, a month ago, my doggy was determined to have pneumonia. We hurried to the emergency clinic late around evening time, seeing some breathing trouble in her. We gave her meds; however, after two days, the situation got harder. I saw her body shuddering, and the tongue turned purple. At the point when my dad came and saw her changes, he murmured as she is dying.

It was tough for me to accept that.

It has been a month; however, I can't come back to the truth that she is dead. I am not able to focus on my studies and am not even interested in my favourites. My parents fear whether these are the indications of PTSD.

We have booked an appointment for a clinical psychologist one week from now.

Companions, has anyone ran over a comparable circumstance?

What do you all think? Is it possible for me to overcome this situation with fair treatment?

I'm waiting for your response.

Thanks
link

Posted On: 9/30/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing and reaching out to us, I’m very sorry to hear about your dog's passing. It sounds like you’re making strides in taking the necessary steps to heal. Therapy can be helpful in processing difficult information and events like this one. You made a very brave first step by reaching out, and it is important that you continue to reach out for support when you feel this way. We hope to provide you with helpful information that the community here can also share their experiences with you.

If you are in post-secondary school, you are eligible for Good2Talk. Good2Talk is a free, confidential service for post-secondary students in Ontario, available 24/7/365. By calling 1-866-925-5454, post-secondary students in Ontario can receive professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being.

Counselling can be a very helpful process. And, as you prepare for your first appointment, GoodHead.ca has a helpful resource on questions to ask yourself and service providers to prepare. If you have any additional questions or wish to follow up on your situation, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Take care, and let us know if you are looking for more information and/or support.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link