Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Permanent Residency Outside Canada 

Zeke10
Zeke10

Posted On: 24 days ago
Zeke10
Zeke10
Good day,

Hello, My name is Zeke, and I’m from the Philippines. I would like to inquire my status of being an Immigrant in Canada. I have my PR card renewed last October 2016. I left Canada March of 2017 because of family matters. I decided to go back in Canada this March 2020. However, because of the Pandemic and implemented restrictions, I wasn’t able to go back. I’m planning to go next year in Canada. Can I still enter Canada without having complications? Thank you
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 24 days ago
PMM
PMM
Hi

Zeke10 wrote:
Good day,
Hello, My name is Zeke, and I’m from the Philippines. I would like to inquire my status of being an Immigrant in Canada. I have my PR card renewed last October 2016. I left Canada March of 2017 because of family matters. I decided to go back in Canada this March 2020. However, because of the Pandemic and implemented restrictions, I wasn’t able to go back. I’m planning to go next year in Canada. Can I still enter Canada without having complications? Thank you

1. It would appear that you no longer meet your residency obligations, and there is a chance that you could be reported on entry. If you are reported, you would have 30 days to appeal the removal order.
2. If you are not reported, you would have to remain in Canada until you are in compliance with your RO.
link