Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

Can I be reimbursed for medication covered by OHIP 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 10/2/2020
ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I am under the age of 25 (21) and a Canadian citizen, and for the past 2 years I have been paying for my medication at loblaws pharmacy and they told me I had to pay, when I went to shoppers today and showed them my health card they said I don't need to pay for my medication as the medication is covered for under 25. I was aware of this but loblaws pharmacy never asked me or informed me and always told me I had to pay. I was wondering how to get a refund of all my money that I have put towards my medications. I was wondering what the next steps would have to be. Thank you
link

Posted On: 10/16/2020
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us. We appreciate your interest in this kind of information.

It sounds like you are eligible for OHIP+, and have been paying for a medication covered by them.

We contacted the Ontario Drug Benefit at 1(866)811-9893, and the operator on the line suggested that you send an e-mail to [email protected] for a reimbursement request.

In this e-mail, it is suggested that you explain your situation, provide your health card number, home address, and an attached receipt of your prescription for reimbursement.

We hope this information is helpful. Feel free to follow up if you have any more questions.

Settlement.Org Team
link