Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Applying for PR while holding a Visitor Visa 

Mikeyp
Mikeyp

Posted On: 10/8/2020
Mikeyp
Mikeyp
Good day:

I currently live with my partner in the philippines. He holds a 10 year visitor visa and has been in country many times. We currently could be moving back to Canada and I wanted to know the best way to apply for his resident permit? Can he come in on a tourist visa and apply for residency in country, If so what don we tell immigration when we are entering. or is it better to apply before we move back to Canada? any advice would be appreciated.
link

Posted On: 10/21/2020
Hi there,

You may find helpful information on Permanent Residence here on Settlement.Org. We have some articles on immigration and pathways to citizenship. It may be best to consult with an immigration lawyer You may want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

According to the S.Org article, How can I apply to immigrate to Ontario?: If you want to immigrate to Canada, you need to apply through IRCC. The type of application you need depends on which immigration program you want to apply under. You can find general information on the IRCC Help Centre. You may also wish to visit a Canadian visa office for information and help with your situation.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here. Take care, and let us know if you are looking for more information and/or support.

Sincerely,

Settlement.Org Team
link