Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

What can I do while waiting for a response? 

Gigi
Gigi

Posted On: 1/12/2021
Gigi
Gigi
Hello, hope you are all doing well. The reason I am writing here is because my husband and I are literally desperate to hear the decision made by Immigration Canada about our sponsorship app. It’s been over a year but other than having his biometrics done, we haven’t received a word. We are currently living in Cuba, where the situation is becoming economically unsustainable and are so worried about our app. Is there a way we can find out the state of our app? Is there anyone who can help us out pls? Thank you so much!!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/12/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Gigi wrote:
Hello, hope you are all doing well. The reason I am writing here is because my husband and I are literally desperate to hear the decision made by Immigration Canada about our sponsorship app. It’s been over a year but other than having his biometrics done, we haven’t received a word. We are currently living in Cuba, where the situation is becoming economically unsustainable and are so worried about our app. Is there a way we can find out the state of our app? Is there anyone who can help us out pls? Thank you so much!!

1. Your best bet is to order the GCMS notes, you can apply for them under ATIP https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=463&top=1 Note you will have to be a Canadian citizen or PR and have authorization from your spouse.
link