Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship Application Fee - exemption? 

Chiimoko
Chiimoko

Posted On: 1/19/2021
Chiimoko
Chiimoko
Hello

I am assisting my client (65 years old female) to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
She came to Canada as a refugee about 7 years ago, and PR since Aug 2017.
She is on ODSP assistance.

She can now apply for citizenship. However, she is concerned about the expensive application fee ($630).
I am wondering if there is any exemptions, waiving, or financial support available for this individual.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/19/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Chiimoko wrote:
Hello

I am assisting my client (65 years old female) to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
She came to Canada as a refugee about 7 years ago, and PR since Aug 2017.
She is on ODSP assistance.

She can now apply for citizenship. However, she is concerned about the expensive application fee ($630).
I am wondering if there is any exemptions, waiving, or financial support available for this individual.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you.

1. At the present time there are no fee exemptions for Citizenship applications.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

While it is correct that there are no fee exemptions for Citizenship applications at the moment, you may find helpful information on financial assistance options for seniors in the following Settlement.Org articles What financial assistance can I get if I have a disability? and What financial assistance is available for seniors?. We hope a few of the programs listed will be helpful to you and your client, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Micca
Micca

Posted On: 2/10/2021
Micca
Micca
Hi..I was born in Canada and have lived in uk all my life, I would like to forfill birthright and become a Canadian citizen..what is best way of doing this and what fees are involved??.. would like to get citizenship for both my children in uk as well..any advice please.. many thanks michael
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/11/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Micca wrote:
Hi..I was born in Canada and have lived in uk all my life, I would like to forfill birthright and become a Canadian citizen..what is best way of doing this and what fees are involved??.. would like to get citizenship for both my children in uk as well..any advice please.. many thanks michael

1, As long as your parents are not diplomats at the time of your birth, you are a Canadian citizen. All you have to do is apply for a Canadian passport.\
2. Depending on the age of your children, they are probably already Canadian citizens. They have to apply for proof of citizenship. They should use the following APP to determine if they are citizens. : https://na1se.voxco.com/SE/56/amicanadiansuisjecanadien/?lang=en&tui=auto
link
abhiram
abhiram

Posted On: 3/19/2021
abhiram
abhiram
At Present, there is no exception for citizen application
link