Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeElementary and Secondary School

Adult Education, Elementary and Secondary School...

Where can my kids go to school outside of Toronto? 

BI2021
BI2021

Posted On: 1/22/2021
BI2021
BI2021
My family is relocating from Mexico for my husband's job to Toronto. We have heard that some elementary schools are too crowded and send children to other schools even if the family lives in the boundary of the school. How do we find out which schools are doing that? We don't want to live in those locations. Thank you.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, English Public schools, English Catholic schools, French-language Public schools, and French-language Catholic schools.

Attendance in public school will be determined by home address. It is best that you contact the school directly once your children are enrolled for information on school policies for social distancing and online learning.

If you are moving to Toronto, these are the four public school districts you may be interested in contacting:
To contact the Toronto District School Board, you can use their contact form or call 416-397-3000.

To contact the Toronto Catholic District School Board, you can call 416-222-8282 or e-mail [email protected].

To contact Conseil Scolaire Viamonde, you can use their contact form or call 905 732-4280.

To contact Center-Sud Catholic District School Board, you can call 1 800 274-3764 or e-mail [email protected]

In terms of enrolment, Here is an excerpt from the article How do I enrol my child in school?:
You need to provide all of the following information to register your child for school:
  • Proof of your child's age - A birth certificate or passport.
  • Proof of address - A copy of a bank statement, telephone or electrical bill or apartment lease with your name and address.
  • Proof of guardianship - Required if your child is under 18 years of age and is not living with a parent.
  • Proof of student's immigration status* - One of:
  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) or Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Immunization record - Proof that your son or daughter has been immunized.
We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link