Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

I have not received my first PR card what do I do? 

McBaigs
McBaigs

Posted On: 2/12/2021
McBaigs
McBaigs
I applied for PR status after getting Protected Person Status, After getting PR status I received CoPR in June 2020 and it was valid for one year. According to the instructions stated in CoPR I sent photographs to the Winnepeg office in June 2020.

I have not received any information or updates as yet. Can you guide me that what shall I do? why it is too late. Online Processing time indicates 190 days. Now almost 300 days passed. Please guide me if anyone has information.
link

Posted On: 3/16/2021
Hi there,

I apologize for the belated response, we are sorry to hear you have been experiencing process delays.

If it is still helpful, you may want to see the check your application status page to learn how to check your application status and see updates on how IRCC is processing applications during the pandemic.

Processing time usually begins the day your package is received by IRCC. Still, it sounds like you have been waiting longer than the normal processing. So, if you don’t see an update after checking your application status, you should make an inquiry to IRCC's contact centre using the web form.

We hope this information is helpful, if you have any follow-up questions please feel free to post them.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link