Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Permanent residence with an expired passport 

Mo
Mo

Posted On: 3/2/2021
Mo
Mo
Hello
I have applied for the express entry from within Canada, but unfortunately my passport expires in 5 month and I am not able to renew my passport ,until next .due to the military service in my home country, It takes around a year to be able to get a new passport. Is it possible to receive the permanent residence card if my passport is expired if I am applying from within Canada ?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/3/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Mo wrote:
Hello
I have applied for the express entry from within Canada, but unfortunately my passport expires in 5 month and I am not able to renew my passport ,until next .due to the military service in my home country, It takes around a year to be able to get a new passport. Is it possible to receive the permanent residence card if my passport is expired if I am applying from within Canada ?

1. Yes, there is no requirement for PR card renewal to have a valid passport.
link
Mo
Mo

Posted On: 3/3/2021
Mo
Mo
Actually I am not renewing my pr card, I am applying for the express entry I don’t have a pr card, I am here in Canada on a work permit
link
MattCanada
MattCanada

Posted On: 5/30/2021
MattCanada
MattCanada
You have to have a valid passport to get PR. Where are you from? Did you contact your embassy? Mo wrote:
Hello
link