Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

How do you enter the country without a PR card? 

isslandboy
isslandboy

Posted On: 3/10/2021
isslandboy
isslandboy
Hi all,

Wife has been accepted for PR, we currently are in Panama, her PR card will be shipped to home address in Canada. How does one #1 board an aircraft to get to Canada without the PR card, I am sure the airline will not accept her acceptance letter as proof of citizenship! #2, what happens at arrival with no PR card? The application stated we were applying from outside of Canada, what a mess this IRCC is!

Thanks in advance for any info.
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 3/12/2021
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
isslandboy wrote:
Hi all,

Wife has been accepted for PR, we currently are in Panama, her PR card will be shipped to home address in Canada. How does one #1 board an aircraft to get to Canada without the PR card, I am sure the airline will not accept her acceptance letter as proof of citizenship! #2, what happens at arrival with no PR card? The application stated we were applying from outside of Canada, what a mess this IRCC is!

Hi,
I believe the following link will shed some light on your situation:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
Thank you.
Lahbib
link
aman121
aman121

Posted On: 4/8/2021
aman121
aman121
Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. The very helpful link you shared.

Lahbib70 wrote:
isslandboy wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,
I believe the following link will shed some light on your situation:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
Thank you.
Lahbib
link