Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I add my parents in Generic Application Form 

DatTran
DatTran

Posted On: 3/30/2021
DatTran
DatTran
Hello,

My name is Dat, sponsored by my wife. I'm filling out the Generic Application Form For Canada (Imm 0008enu_2d). And I'm a little bit confused with dependants sections. So my questions are:

1) Can I add my parents to this form? If I can, will I choose the " Other" option to write " My father or mother" in the box? Is it necessary to fill out my spouse because she had permanent resident already?

2) Are both the IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 be filled out and signed by my mother, father, and me?

3) If they have to fill the form for their own, could you please guide me with specific details, which will apply for my parents?
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

DatTran wrote:
Hello,

My name is Dat, sponsored by my wife. I'm filling out the Generic Application Form For Canada (Imm 0008enu_2d). And I'm a little bit confused with dependants sections. So my questions are:

1) Can I add my parents to this form? If I can, will I choose the " Other" option to write " My father or mother" in the box? Is it necessary to fill out my spouse because she had permanent resident already?

2) Are both the IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 be filled out and signed by my mother, father, and me?

3) If they have to fill the form for their own, could you please guide me with specific details, which will apply for my parents?

1. No, they are not your dependents as defined.
2. You complete the IMM 5406, just list your parents and siblings.

3. They don't complete the forms, it is your application not theirs.
link
DatTran
DatTran

DatTran
DatTran
Thank You. I very much appreciate that!
link