Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Renewal Outside Canada 

cookiemaster
cookiemaster

Posted On: 4/14/2021
cookiemaster
cookiemaster
Hello Everyone,
I have few questions regarding Canadian PR Card Renewal (2nd Renewal)

#1) I am spouse of a Canadian Citizen and Parent of Canadian Children living outside Canada accompanying Canadian Spouse / Children

#2) Due to Covid (Corona Restrictions) I cannot fly back to Canada just to apply for my PR Card Renewal which will expire in August 2021 (We are now in April 2021)

#3) I have filled the PR Card Renewal form with all supporting documents and mailed to Case Processing Centre (From outside Canada) for URGENT Processing

#4) Case Processing Centre received it on 22 March 2021

#5) Using CIC webform I have emailed CIC to check if they have received my application or not

#6) CIC Webform replied on 1st April 2021 with the following:

We have received your request for the urgent processing of your Permanent Resident card (PR card). However, we are unable to proceed at this time because your application is not in process yet.

You may verify the status of your application using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool. Once your application is in process, you may ask for urgent processing by filling out the IRCC Web form and choosing Request urgent processing of renewal or replacement card and have already applied located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry.
We need approximately 30 days to complete the urgent processing of a PR card.

-------------------
My Questions

#1) What do they mean by "Not in process yet"
Is there a waiting time period before they start processing ?

Is it same as the CIC processing time, as this is confusing
(which one is Processing Time (1) or (2) ? )
(1) you could have waiting time before they start processing the application
(2) once they start the processing of application the number of days required to finish it

#2) I have Photo taken outside canada as per the specifications and requirements
I mean photos for Passport renewal outside canada have almost same requirements like PR Card Photo Specifications
( Stamp address of the photo shop, name, date, etc...)

So is it required to have the photo taken inside canada or outside canada is ok if it as per the specifications

#3) Address given for application process
I have given the local address (Canadian Address) for application process

#4) As of today 14 April 2021 (application was received on 22 March 2021) e-CAS online tool or link application to my GCKEY account doesn't show any application.

Any thoughts ?
link

Posted On: 5/26/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. My apologies for the belated response.

#1) Processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may find it helpful to check processing times using the calculator on the IRCC website.

#2) IRCC identifies all photo specifications for PR on their website, here is an excerpt:
Your photos must be:
  • Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.What is an altered photo?
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

These are the specifications you want to aim to meet for this application.

#3) According to IRCC, you must also submit your application for PR renewal from within Canada. You can find more information on the process for PR card renewal on the IRCC website.

#4) It is best that you contact the IRCC Client Support Centre directly for information specific to your application, you may want to contact them via webform.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
wof37
wof37

Posted On: 6/29/2021
wof37
wof37
Hi cookiemaster,

My wife is in a similar position as yours. So wonder would you mind sharing any further updates on your application (e.g. did the application move forward etc) so we know what to expect ?

Many thanks!
link