Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

can you bring saffron from iran? 

captainatob
captainatob

Posted On: 5/1/2021
captainatob
captainatob
Hi

I was wondering as a passenger, Can I bring saffron to Canada from Iran? is there a limit of how many grams of saffron i can bring with me ?

Thanks,
link

Posted On: 5/26/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may find helpful information in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency article, Travellers: what you can bring into Canada.

Here is an excerpt:
Travellers are required, by law, to declare all plant, animal, and food items they bring into Canada. This includes items related to plants, animals and food, or their by-products.If you bring these products into Canada, you may go through further inspections at the point of entry (that is, border crossings, airports). Be prepared for delays if further inspection is required.
Review the Step-by-step guide if you are importing for commercial purposes.
If you are importing for personal purposes, remember that the product(s) you are importing into Canada must be accompanied by you. If the items are allowed into Canada, you still must declare them on your declaration form. Review the Canada Border Services Agency's (CBSA) What food, plant or animal products can I bring into Canada for more information.

There is no quantity identified for spices like Saffron in this article, but it is permitted entry. We hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link