Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeElementary and Secondary School

Adult Education, Elementary and Secondary School...

Are International Student fees payable? 

Angelb
Angelb

Posted On: 5/7/2021
Angelb
Angelb
I am currently an international student about to complete my program in June. My children and spouse are in my home country. I got admission for them to study in elementary and secondary school and applied for their visas.
Will l be paying international fees for them or it will be free?
Thank you.
link

Posted On: 5/25/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, English Public schools, English Catholic schools, French-language Public schools, and French-language Catholic schools. Attendance in public school will be determined by home address.

In Ontario, children aged 6 - 18 must attend school. You may find the Settlement.org article, At what age do children attend school? Useful.

Here is an excerpt:
The Education Act is the law that governs public schools in Ontario. It says that children aged 6-18 must attend school. Many children can begin full day kindergarten program at age 4.

It is important to know that all children aged 6-18 can attend school, regardless of their immigration status or the immigration status of their parents. This is outlined in the Education Act, the law that governs public schools in Ontario.

You can find some additional information regarding enrolling children in school here: How do I enrol my child in school?

You may also find the resources, The Newcomer's Guide to Elementary School in Ontario helpful.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link