Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Permanent Residency for foreign lawyers 

Somayehsadat Mirilavasani
Somayehsadat Mirilavasani

Posted On: 5/20/2021
Hi. I am a foreign lawyer without any residency permit. I have started NCA process and can go through Ontario Law Society process but first, I wonder if I can take part in Bar exam as a foreignor without PR and if yes get, Is it possible to get permanent residency by becoming a licensed lawyer in Ontario? Do you know how many years it take to go through anf finish this process?
Thank you for your response
link

Posted On: 5/26/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We unfortunately cannot provide immigration advice on Settlement.Org, however we do have articles and general information on immigrating to Ontario, permanent residence, and pathways to citizenship. It may be best to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer familiar with immigration issues and family law for advice regarding your situation.

You may also find helpful information on the licensing process for internationally trained professionals on the Law Society of Ontario website. "The Law Society encourages NCA applicants to review the Lawyer Licensing Process information available online and to contact the Licensing Process staff to discuss their individual circumstances and any applicable deadlines well in advance of applying to the Lawyer Licensing Process. Staff may be contacted by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-947-3315 or toll-free at 1-800-668-7380 ext. 3315."

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link