Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Renewal 

carlos97
carlos97

Posted On: 5/27/2021
carlos97
carlos97
Hi, I just sent mailed my pr renwal about a month ago. I still have no word on it. Is this common for people applying? My pr also has been expired for more than 7 years. Is there any way my file won't get accepted? I followed all the requirements too.
link

Posted On: 6/4/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

Processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may find it helpful to check processing times using the calculator on the IRCC website.

Here is an excerpt:
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision. It may vary depending on how many applications we receive.
If you have an application in progress
It may also be helpful for you contact the IRCC Client Support Centre directly for information specific to your application, you may want to contact them via webform.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link