Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Language Proof - Citizenship 

caru87
caru87

Posted On: 5/30/2021
caru87
caru87
Good Morning,
Last year I got during my assessment Report 6-7 CBL Level to start an english course at TDSB school.
I studied english in this school from November 2020 to March 2021.
My question is: I have to do CELPIP tets ($300) to have an english certificate or I can use the result of my assesment report to prove my english level?
Thank you so much for your time.
Have a great day
Carolina
link

Posted On: 6/15/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may find helpful information in the IRCC section on finding out if you have the language proof for citizenship. According to IRCC, if you complete LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) training:
you need to have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 or higher in speaking and listening.
  • If you did your training on or after November 1, 2012, submit a copy of your certificate with your application.
  • If you did you training between January 2008 and October 2012, mark the box on your application. We’ll verify it electronically.

You may also find it helpful to contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) directly for some information specific to your situation. You can contact them by calling 1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only) or by web form.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link