Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Renouncing PR status 

Shovik6983
Shovik6983

Posted On: 5/30/2021
Shovik6983
Shovik6983
Hello,
I need help in filling up the renounce application. There is a part called Declaration so do I have to fill it up if I am over 18 and what do I have to mention in that part.

Is it possible to send renounce application online?

Please advise me
link

Posted On: 6/15/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get? on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant for support with your application. It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

The Settlement.Org article, Should I get help with my immigration application from an immigration consultant or lawyer? may provide information on the type of help and advice you can receive from a lawyer or immigration consultant. We hope the community can share their experiences with either service in this thread.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 6/16/2021
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Shovik6983 wrote:
Hello,
I need help in filling up the renounce application. There is a part called Declaration so do I have to fill it up if I am over 18 and what do I have to mention in that part.

Is it possible to send renounce application online?

Please advise me

Hello,

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp
"If you renounce your permanent resident status, you will permanently change your status in Canada as of the day your application is approved by an officer. You will not be able to appeal the decision to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD). You will no longer be a permanent resident of Canada. You will no longer be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. Any application for Canadian citizenship that is still in process will be refused."
You probably need to think things through carefully, and maybe seek a legal advice.

According to the instructions available in the application guide regarding Applying to Voluntarily Renounce Your Permanent Resident Status,
If you are 18 years and older you need to complete the form Application to Voluntarily Renounce Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5782) and sign it after reading and clearly understanding the declaration and the consequences of renouncing to your permanent residence status.
Based on the Instruction included in the application guide 5781, there is no option for an online application.

Thank you.
Lahbib
link