Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR CARD RENEWAL 

mankaran92
mankaran92

Posted On: 6/10/2021
mankaran92
mankaran92
Hi there,

I sent in my application for PR card renewal in March and it was received by CIC on March 31, 2021.

The courier company (UPS) has confirmed that it was delivered on March 31. (I have a photograph proof of the person who signed the receipt of my application) .

I understand that the processing time for PR card renewal is 80 days. Also, I understand that IRCC is facing severe delays in processing application because of COVID.

I am completely amazed by the document management system of IRCC. It has been over 70 days today since my application was received at IRCC. When I fill in the webpage to put in a query, I only receive standard copy and paste responses from IRCC without any further action that they are taking to investigate where my application is lost.

Please understand that it was a really complex process for me to apply for the renewed PR Card amidst the lockdown(getting photographs, looking for open courier shops near my residence etc.)

I am concerned because the processing time of 80 days is almost over since the date my application was received by IRCC

My PR card expires on June 21, 2021

Any suggestion on what should be my next step?

Many thanks
link

Posted On: 6/18/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

COVID-19's impact on services and the volume of applications IRCC receives may result in a longer wait-time for processing a PR card, and while it is helpful that you contacted the IRCC Client Support Centre directly for information specific to your application, you may also want to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link