Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Issue with WES 

chandan1225
chandan1225

Posted On: 6/23/2021
chandan1225
chandan1225
Hi,

I need help regarding evaluation from WES. I have initiated the process 2 years back. The whole process took little bit time to send my Bachelor's and master transcript to WES as it was university who send it. University from where I did master's send it in very reasonable time but there was a delay from my Bachelor's university (Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, India).

After 8-9 months, my bachelor transcript was received in WES. During this process, they introduced additional step which is to reverify the documents from university after receiving it directly from university. As process was taking so long so I started doing follow ups from WES and they keep telling me that 'we have sent mail to your university and we are waiting for the reply' .

AS my master degree was evaluated and WES number was generated so I submitted my profile in federal and I recently received the ITA in 367 cut off. As I was doing follow ups from last 2 years and my bachelor degree was on hold, I directly tagged them on twitter for the same issue on June 11. We had conversation and they were keep giving me the generic response " we are waiting......." . Because of this behavior, I lost my temperament, as in 89 days I have to submit my documents and without bachelor equivalency Federal will not accept the documents. We had heated argument and at last I ended the argument by saying ' I regret that I have chosen WES over others". I also informed them about the time line and how many days left.

Now on June 23rd I came to know that university had already replied on reverification mail and I was happy that at least in 1-2 days I will receive the final clearance from WES.

But, I am shocked today as WES taken that argument personally and shown unprofessional behavior towards me. They have rejected the application by saying,

"We have received the documents that were submitted to WES for credential evaluation. We regret to inform you that WES does not evaluate study from Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur. Since completing this level of study was necessary to enter the Master of Computer Applications program, we also cannot evaluate this credential.

The academic records on file will be discarded and a full refund of $256.51 will be issued to your credit card"

As per this reply, they are rejecting my Master's evaluation as well. How can they do this at this stage where they know that time is passing by and I am eagerly looking for certificate from WES. IT's total vendetta and unprofessional behavior from WES.

Kindly help and tell me how I can proceed with my application now.
link

Posted On: 6/30/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

You may want to contact WES directly for information specific to your case and to escalate your concern. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES and their complaints process, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

While you may find helpful information on the WES internal complaints process above in this thread, it sounds like you may also be considering making a complaint. You can find more information on this process in the Settlement.Org article, How do I make a consumer complaint?

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link