Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLiving in Ontario

Post information about settling and living in your city in Ontario.

Is moving to Ajax a good idea? 

alyford
alyford

Posted On: 7/13/2021
alyford
alyford
Hi everyone! I'm currently renting in Toronto near my workplace and I've been saving up for a while now to buy my own home. It won't be in Toronto though as I'm sure that I won't be able to afford a nice house with the current amount of savings I have. One place that I've been considering was Ajax after reading this post that I found, it would be a 35-minute drive to my workplace if I ever decide to move there. What do you guys think about this? Any advice and recommendation as to where I could buy a relatively affordable home near Toronto would be very much appreciated.
link

Posted On: 7/23/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us, we are glad you have found the information on our website helpful.

We hope other community users can share their experiences and recommendations for moving outside the GTA. You may find the article, Where should I live in Ontario? particularly helpful in making this decision. Here is an excerpt of community profiles that may help you with this search:

Some websites have useful information about communities in Ontario. Many of these sites are created and maintained by municipal/city governments. Here are some useful links:
  • Cities and Towns - Certain cities have developed websites for newcomers who are already living there or who are thinking of moving there.
  • Municipal websites - Information about communities to see if you want to live there.
  • Statistical community profiles - Statistics Canada has a statistical profile of all communities in Canada from the 2006 Census data. It has information such as population size, the average number of people living in a home, and languages spoken.
  • Services Near Me - Go to "Search by Region" and select a region or city to find some basic information, such as geography, population, percentage of immigrants, and useful links.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team.
link