Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Why haven't I received my PR card? 

LEMB
LEMB

Posted On: 7/22/2021
LEMB
LEMB
Hi There,

I landed last October (2020). I gave my address and submitted the requested photos prior to landing. I have never received a PR card.

I am unsure if I am supposed to apply for a PR card after I land or if it is supposed to be issued automatically? It is impossible to speak to someone on the phone at the IRCC and when I try to check the status of my account online it says it doesn't recognise me.

Anyone else had similar issues? I don't know whether I need to reapply for a PR card (180 days have elapsed) or send a solemn declaration that the card was never received.

Thanks!
link

Posted On: 7/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Wait times for processing applications may be longer than usual due to COVID-19. For updates related to your specific case it is best that you contact IRCC (formerly CIC) using their web form. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may find it helpful to check processing times using the calculator on the IRCC website. If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link