Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Separate Landings Among Family 

jmae
jmae

Posted On: 7/24/2021
jmae
jmae
Hello,

I would like to know the process of landing from a different flight than my common law partner. I am the primary applicant. Can we arrive the same day and can we go through immigration together or do I have to go first then him? Also, if I bring in the proof of finds in cash, how will my partner show proof of funds during his landing?

I have already looked at this from IRCC (although it is still unclear):
A principal applicant may have decided to proceed to Canada in order to commence employment or to confirm that adequate settlement arraA principal applicant may have decided to proceed to Canada in order to commence employment or to confirm that adequate settlement arrangements, such as accommodation and educational facilities prior to the arrival of their family members. A BSO at Immigration Secondary must confirm that the family members meet the requirements of the Act and its Regulations before granting permanent resident status to the principal applicant. In most instances, the BSO can assume that persons listed on the principal applicant’s permanent resident visa meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations and can grant permanent resident status to the principal applicant. If the BSO has reason to believe the family members may not have been examined, the BSO may defer the examination pursuant to section A23 pending confirmation from the visa office that they have been examined.ngements, such as accommodation and educational facilities prior to the arrival of their family members. A BSO at Immigration Secondary must confirm that the family members meet the requirements of the Act and its Regulations before granting permanent resident status to the principal applicant. In most instances, the BSO can assume that persons listed on the principal applicant’s permanent resident visa meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations and can grant permanent resident status to the principal applicant. If the BSO has reason to believe the family members may not have been examined, the BSO may defer the examination pursuant to section A23 pending confirmation from the visa office that they have been examined.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/26/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

jmae wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know the process of landing from a different flight than my common law partner. I am the primary applicant. Can we arrive the same day and can we go through immigration together or do I have to go first then him? Also, if I bring in the proof of finds in cash, how will my partner show proof of funds during his landing?

I have already looked at this from IRCC (although it is still unclear):

A principal applicant may have decided to proceed to Canada in order to commence employment or to confirm that adequate settlement arraA principal applicant may have decided to proceed to Canada in order to commence employment or to confirm that adequate settlement arrangements, such as accommodation and educational facilities prior to the arrival of their family members. A BSO at Immigration Secondary must confirm that the family members meet the requirements of the Act and its Regulations before granting permanent resident status to the principal applicant. In most instances, the BSO can assume that persons listed on the principal applicant’s permanent resident visa meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations and can grant permanent resident status to the principal applicant. If the BSO has reason to believe the family members may not have been examined, the BSO may defer the examination pursuant to section A23 pending confirmation from the visa office that they have been examined.ngements, such as accommodation and educational facilities prior to the arrival of their family members. A BSO at Immigration Secondary must confirm that the family members meet the requirements of the Act and its Regulations before granting permanent resident status to the principal applicant. In most instances, the BSO can assume that persons listed on the principal applicant’s permanent resident visa meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations and can grant permanent resident status to the principal applicant. If the BSO has reason to believe the family members may not have been examined, the BSO may defer the examination pursuant to section A23 pending confirmation from the visa office that they have been examined.

1. Principal applicant has to "land" first.
2. Only the Principal resident has to show proof of funds.
link