Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR renewal 

shallinder
shallinder

Posted On: 8/8/2021
shallinder
shallinder
hello everyone. i am permanent residet of canada from 2017. but due to passaway my canadian husband i have to move back to india in july 2017 after spendimg just 5 months in canada. i have two children both are canadian citizen and studying in India. my father is a cancer patient and no one at home to look after him. i am doing 4 hours job in india. my situation is i cant leave my old parents alone in infia as both are ill. and my children are studying in india. if i move back to canada with my both minor children it will be very hard for me to work their. and also hard for my father. my pr card is about to finsh on april 2022. i want to know if i dont move their till april 2022. what shoul i do in this situation. Thanks. Regards.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 8/9/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

shallinder wrote:
hello everyone. i am permanent residet of canada from 2017. but due to passaway my canadian husband i have to move back to india in july 2017 after spendimg just 5 months in canada. i have two children both are canadian citizen and studying in India. my father is a cancer patient and no one at home to look after him. i am doing 4 hours job in india. my situation is i cant leave my old parents alone in infia as both are ill. and my children are studying in india. if i move back to canada with my both minor children it will be very hard for me to work their. and also hard for my father. my pr card is about to finsh on april 2022. i want to know if i dont move their till april 2022. what shoul i do in this situation. Thanks. Regards.

1. It would appear that you no longer meet your residency obligations to reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period

2. If you travel to Canada prior to the expiry of your PR card, there is a good chance that you will be reported on entry, which could mean that you lose your PR status.

3. If you are not reported, then you would have to remain in Canada for 2 years, to be in compliance with the Residency Obligations before you could apply for a new PR card.
link