Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Doctor or other health care professional

Finding a doctor or dentist or other health care professional...

Where can I get treated for acne? 

Samuel Almeda
Samuel Almeda

Posted On: 8/9/2021
Samuel Almeda
Samuel Almeda
Hi everyone, my sister has so much acne on her face. We have tried many treatments but nothing worked. Do you guys know where can I get a better treatment for acne problems in Ontario? Please share your valuable opinions.
link

Posted On: 8/30/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It sounds like you may be looking for the services of a Dermatologist. Dermatologists are doctors who specialize in treating the skin, hair, and nails. In Ontario, dermatologists usually accept patients through a medical referral from a family doctor. If you are in the process of looking for a family doctor, you may find helpful information on the Government of Ontario's website on finding a referral for a doctor near you, here is an excerpt:

Find a family doctor or nurse practitioner
A family doctor or nurse practitioner is your primary health care provider – meaning they are the person you make an appointment with when you have a new, non-emergency health concern. You can learn more about their services below.
Visits to a doctor or nurse practitioner are publicly funded – meaning you don’t have to pay.
Here are two options to find a family doctor or nurse practitioner who is accepting new patients:
  • Register with our Health Care Connect service and have a nurse find a doctor or nurse practitioner for you.
  • Use The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s Find a Doctor search.
  • choose “Advanced Search” to find a doctor near you (by city/town or postal code)
  • click on “Additional Search Options” to narrow your search (to family doctors and/or language spoken)
  • contact the doctor to check if they are accepting new patients

• We hope this information is helpful, and wish you the best of luck with this search. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to follow up with us.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
    link