Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

Questions with documents and alternative options 

Alexander
Alexander

Posted On: 8/11/2021
Alexander
Alexander
Dear sir/madam
I would like to know that while applying for a health card, will a rental agreement serve as a proof for residency if it is in electronic type and the apartment is rent by a minor? If it can not ,can a valid custodian agreement letter do? Please reply as soon as possible
link

Posted On: 8/30/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

There are a few ways your son can show proof of residence. You may find helpful information in our Settlement.Org What documents do I need to apply for a Health Card (OHIP)? article.

Here is an excerpt:
Proof of Residency

A document that has your name and current home address. This document confirms that your principal home is in Ontario.

• Child Tax Benefit Statement
  • Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer on company letterhead)
  • Income tax assessment (most recent)
  • Insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life)
  • Monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts (does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts)
  • Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
  • Ontario Motor Vehicle Permit (plate or vehicle portions)
  • Property tax bill
  • School, college or university report card or transcript
  • Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
  • Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) or Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
  • Statement of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), or Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP) from a financial institution (bank, trust company, credit union)
  • Utility bill received by mail (home telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission, hydro, gas, water)
  • Valid Ontario Driver's Licence
  • Temporary Driver's Licence (you must also show a photo license card with the same address)
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
  • Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contribution
  • Valid Ontario Photo Card

A rental agreement with the name of the person leasing is considered a valid document for proof of residency. There are a few other options on this list that may also serve this purpose. We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
sammut
sammut

Posted On: 2/15/2023
sammut
sammut
Hi my parents landed yesterday as landed immig.
I made a rental contract for a room in my house where they live.they paid me cash rent .first and last.intario standard rental contract is used.is this enough as proof of residency or I cannot rental contract with my parents in house where I also live?
link