Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spouse Sponsoring May 2021 

ahmad80
ahmad80

Posted On: 8/17/2021
ahmad80
ahmad80
Hello,

I sent my wife docs in May and they received it on 16th may 2021. However I still did not received the file number or what is called AoR.
Can anyone share their experience how long it takes?
link

Posted On: 8/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We hope forum users will share their experiences with this application prcess

COVID-19 has put a strain on wait times. For information specific to your application, it is best that you contact IRCC using their web form. Here is an excerpt from IRCC’s COVID-19 notice on Processing Times where you can also estimate the general processing time for this kind of application:

The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Our current focus is on priority applications such as Canadians attempting to return to the country, vulnerable populations, and people who perform or support essential services, and we are trying to process those as quickly as possible.

IRCC is working on ways to finalize applications virtually. If you have a file in progress, check our website regularly for the most up to date information on the impacts of COVID on IRCC file processing.

IRCC is still working on ways to finalize applications virtually. For information specific to your application, it is best that you contact IRCC using their web form. It usually takes 2-5 days for IRCC to respond, however wait times for a response may be longer due to the COVID-19 situation.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
johnsjacob1
johnsjacob1

Posted On: 9/1/2021
johnsjacob1
johnsjacob1
Hi, Everyone

My name is Johns
link