Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeProfessions and Trades

Information and questions related to employment in professions and trades, regulated and unregulated, in Ontario.

Changing Careers 

BizzyBee
BizzyBee

Posted On: 10/21/2021
BizzyBee
BizzyBee
Hello
How do I change careers from Nursing to another? I am burned out and under paid. I want a different line of work but after 16yrs what can a nurse do???
link

Posted On: 10/31/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

While nursing and many other professions and trades are considered regulated professions in Ontario, there are still alternative career choices for those looking to stay in their field. You may find the suggestions on Settlement.Org's Alternative Jobs section helpful.

Finding work in a new sector can be challenging, you may also want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings to help you in the job search process. You may also want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link