Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Financial aid 

chandar.0303
chandar.0303

Posted On: 11/3/2021
chandar.0303
chandar.0303
I'm looking for financial aid for my graduate course currently pursuing in college in Windsor, Ontario. It will be grateful if I get some financial support for my tuition fees. Kindly provide me details how to proceed further.

Thanks,
chandar
link

Posted On: 11/30/2021
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You can find some detailed information regarding OSAP eligibility in our Settlement.Org articles Who is eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? and What kinds of financial help can I get for my education?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Vladimir
Vladimir

Posted On: 6/29/2022
Vladimir
Vladimir
hello. I would like to know if it is possible to fund private courses rather than a public institution such as a college?

Thanks
link

Posted On: 6/30/2022
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

You can use OSAP to go to a private or public college or university anywhere in the world, as long as it's been approved. Each private career college and other postsecondary schools in Ontario have their own financial aid office with staff trained on how to administer OSAP. If you have questions regarding OSAP, contact your school directly for the answers you require. Other programs will have different eligibility criteria, and will vary depending on the scholarship, bursary, or loan criteria.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
zxh825cd
zxh825cd

Posted On: 8/30/2022
zxh825cd
zxh825cd
Hello Officer,
My family is planning to move to Barrie next year, in May 2023. Currently, I am studying at a Manitoba college with student aid assistance. If I apply for a program at Georgian College and get an offer, will I be eligible for OSAP?
I look forward to your kind response!
Luke
link

Posted On: 4/30/2023
Hi Luke,

You may find helpful information regarding this question in the Settlement.Org article, Who is Eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? There is a residency requirement, an income requirement, and immigration status requirement for this program all outlined in the article.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
musicman
musicman

Posted On: 5/23/2023
musicman
musicman
Hello, I just signed up to this website so I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this. I am a 60 year old female living with inflammatory poly arthritis . I can not and have not slept in a regular bed since 2013. I sleep in a well used lazy boy chair. I have reached out to many charities (united Way, Get Help/211, Assistive device program, Easter Seals, Lions Club, Kiwanis, Arthritis Society AND the War Amps) ALL of them responded and turned me down as they do not fund for adjustable beds. I found one charity called Ceridian Cares in Toronto and I filled out the application. I sent doctors letters as well as Occupational therapist letters and I was turned down because my area (Cornwall Ontario) had no funds available. Had I known it was depending on my area where I live I would not have applied as I am well aware of the depressed area I live in. Does ANYONE know of a charity that might help me getting funding for an adjustable bed. It is getting harder and harder as I age to get any sleep let alone a restful, heal my body sleep. I apologize as I mentioned if this is not an appropriate post for this thread/website.

Thank you in advance for allowing me to post this issue.

Kim
link

Posted On: 5/24/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. We appreciate your interest in this information. You may find helpful information regarding financial assistance in the Settlement.Org article, What Financial Assistance can I get if I have a disability?, Access Abilities also has a list of resources for healthcare funding. Access Abilities also recommends that you contact them for more information about financial assistance. It may also be worth contacting one of the agencies partnered with the Furniture Bank. Under "Access our Services" you can see a list of charitable organizations they partner with listed under the following headers:

We hope this information is helpful, it was helpful to us to know which agencies you have already reached out to in your search. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any further questions or would like to request a different referral.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link