Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

How to declare a child that we have no custedy 

msaleha
msaleha

Posted On: 12/12/2021
msaleha
msaleha
I am sponsoring my wife, she has a boy from her previous marriage but the father has full custody and give no access to the child. I am filling out the forms and we included him in the family information IMM 5406.

But in the IMM 0008 form, should we say 2 persons and include the child and tick he will not come to Canada ( we cannot have him do the medical exams as we don't have any access to him) OR do not include him in the IMM 0008 form?

Please help.
link

Posted On: 12/17/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It may be best to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer familiar with both immigration and family law for advice specific to your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me. The Settlement.Org article, Should I get help with my immigration application from an immigration consultant or lawyer? may provide information on the type of help and advice you can receive from a lawyer or immigration consultant.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link