Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Misspelled PR Card 

Millienl
Millienl

Posted On: 12/14/2021
Millienl
Millienl
Hello, I received my PR card two weeks ago and I just noticed that they misspelled my middle Name. They added in extra “L” in my name so for example my middle name is Michael, but they wrote it as Michaell . I had already traveled out of the country by the time I noticed. Now I have to return to canada by Friday and I’ve tried calling immigration to no avail. I was on vacation in Mexico.

My question is, would I be able to enter canada with that misspelling or I’m totally screwed? I’m originally from Egypt so does this mean I have to go to Egypt and fix my application from there? Is there a chance I would be allowed to enter canada with this misspelling?
link

Posted On: 12/17/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Whether or not you will be granted entry will be up to the CBSA officer. “There are a number of reasons you can be found inadmissible, denied a visa or refused entry to Canada.” You may also wish to contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre directly to see if they have any information they can provide you.

You can contact them at:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

You can also submit an enquiry through their web form.

If the wrong information is on your permanent resident (PR) card, you can fix it by getting your card reissued or by applying for a new one. The method you choose depends on the reason for the error. If you are correcting your name, the name on your PR card must match your foreign passport. You may find helpful information on how to do so in the Request to Reissue a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) (IMM 5530) guide.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to post them to the discussion forum here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link