Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLandlord and Tenant Information and Issues

Landlord/tenant rights, dealing with problems, where to get help...

Loss of basement and still pay the some cost 

Sbwinger
Sbwinger

Posted On: 3/17/2022
Sbwinger
Sbwinger
For 3 years I have rented the property with 3 floors. The landlord is now deciding to renevated the basement and rent it this basement out to more tenents. Now that I have lost access and use of the basement. Can the landlord continue to charge the same amount of rent for me to have access to 2 floors? Can the landlord increase my rent?
link

Posted On: 3/25/2022
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We can appreciate that you would be concerned about this situation. You may want to contact the nearest Community Legal Clinic for some advice regarding your situation. You can find the nearest one by using this tool here. Steps to Justice also has a compiled list of programs and services for helping housing law that may be helpful.

If you do not qualify to receive services from a Community Legal Clinic, please contact the Landlord and Tenant Board directly. You can reach them toll free at 1-888-332-3234 or through their TTY Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link