Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

Stranded in Santo Domingo for 4 and a half months 

Leonard Dyett
Leonard Dyett

Posted On: 3/29/2022
Leonard Dyett
Leonard Dyett
I lost my PR while on Vacation in Punta Cana on November 17, 2021, I traveled to the VAC offices in Santo Domingo to apply for a PRTD on November 22, 2021. Thousands of dollars spent waiting and still nothing. I found out that we are not protected by the Canadian Government and because i have lived in Canada for years, I am not protected or can get help Financially from the British Government. Can anyone advise me of any options
link

Posted On: 4/20/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact a Lawyer or a reputable and registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues so that they can provide you with some advice specific to your situation. You may also wish to make a case-specific enquiry with IRCC by using their web form or by contacting your local visa office for an update on your PRTD application. We hope this information is helpful, please let us know if you need any further information.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

link