Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Renewal of PR status for expired PR for parents 

happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1

Posted On: 5/9/2022
happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1
My parents had a PR from 2014 to 2019. There PR card has now expired and they have not been able to fulfil the residency requirements for maintaining their PR, as they had health issues and other issues related to selling of property/ settling of pension in their home country after their becoming PR so they had to go out of Canada after staying in the country for the first few months.
Now they would like to return to Canada as they do not have any children in their home country to take care and they are finding it very difficult to manage on their own , is there a possibility for them to renew their PR and come back to Canada as a PR, if yes can you please share the CIC Form they should fill out to find their status ?

Thanks
IQ
link
happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1

Posted On: 5/10/2022
happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1
Hello Moderator,
Can someone please reply back to this question and let me know, the Form which is to be used for applying for PR card renewal from outside Canada.

Thanks
IQ
link
happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1

Posted On: 5/12/2022
happy_canadian1
happy_canadian1
Can someone please let me know the Forms that need to be filled out for renewal of PR while outside Canada ?

Thanks
Faiz
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/13/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

happy_canadian1 wrote:
Can someone please let me know the Forms that need to be filled out for renewal of PR while outside Canada ?

Thanks

Faiz

1. They can't renew their PR cards outside Canada, so there are no forms.
2. They can apply for PR Travel Document, but since they don't meet their Residency obligations, it would have to be on Humanitarian Grounds.
3. If they are refused, they will be given the right of appeal.
4. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/how-to-apply.html
link