Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spousal sponsor application from outside Canada 

Mm.el
Mm.el

Posted On: 5/18/2022
Mm.el
Mm.el
Hello
I am a Canadian citizen currently living in the UK with my husband (non canadian) can i still apply for for him to get a PR , i have noticed and read that I need to be residing in Canada when apply to sponsor him , or will need to provide proof. We are planning to move back to Canada if/once my husband get his PR how can i provide proof of that.
I also took a two year leave from work would that be sufficient or further information / documents are required

Thank you
link

Posted On: 6/8/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. You may want to speak to a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer who is familiar with Canadian immigration regarding your situation before starting any application process. You can find information about sponsorship and PR pathways here on Settlement.Org.

The article, How do I sponsor a spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner or dependent child while living outside of Canada, might be particularly helpful in your case. You can apply for sponsorship while living abroad as long as you meet the eligibility criteria outlined in the article. There are a number of ways one can prove their intent to live in Canada, things like a property rental agreement, job offer in intended location or proof of looking for employment, will function as proof you intend to live in Canada with your spouse.

As a sponsor, you sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored and, if applicable, their dependent children. Follow the checklist here for information about the supporting documents you will need to accompany your application.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link