Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Online Citizenship Application Asked to Resubmit 

jammywammy
jammywammy

Posted On: 5/20/2022
jammywammy
jammywammy
The Online Citizenship application for my wife was returned with the following error. if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

"Eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator "result.

***I have the following text in there. I entered May 5, 2022 because I submitted my application on May 6, 2022

"Year (YYYY)

Month

Day

Make sure the end date of your physical presence is 1 day before you submit your application
recalculate your physical presence
Upload new calculation
Resubmit your application"

***Following text is from Physical Presence Calculator PDF that was attached with the application

Your eligibility period is 2017-05-06 to 2022-05-05, you will need this for your application form.

Permanent residence date 2019-04-04
Application date 2022-05-06
Days within eligibility period 1,128
Total days 1,128

*day*Please note every day of physical presence as a Temporary Resident or Protected Person counts as a 0.5 daycredit Protectedcredit and you cannot be credited for any more than 365 days of Temporary Residence or time as a ProtectedPerson. aPerson. Therefore, in order to get the maximum 365 day credit you need to be physically present in Canada as aTemporary Temporary Resident or Protected Person for 730 or more days during your eligibility period.
link

Posted On: 5/31/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

If the error prompt is asking you to submit the application with the eligibility end date, and you have done so, you may want to contact IRCC directly for support with your application. You can contact them here:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

Or by webform: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

We hope that other users will be able to share their experiences with you in the meantime.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to post them to the discussion forum here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link