Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

STATUS WHILE WAITING FOR PR 

Qess
Qess

Posted On: 5/27/2022
Qess
Qess
I applied for Visitor Record about 5 months ago but I have not received an outcome. Even then, the approval (if granted, will expire in about 35 days'time. Can I apply for another extension now since the IRCC law requires me to apply at least 30 days before the expiration of the current Extension. I want to avoid being out of status.
link

Posted On: 7/11/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us, and we hope you're able to find community input here on the forum. However, it may be best for you to connect with a lawyer with expertise in immigration law. You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get? on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link