Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Canadian Citizenship Application 

jammywammy
jammywammy

Posted On: 6/2/2022
jammywammy
jammywammy
Hi,

I submitted Citizenship Application online for my wife on May 30, 2022 and messed up the first and last name. Received the AOR today (I realized the wrong name when I got the AOR email). Please let me know how can I get the name changed? and should I wait for them to get back to me OR should I contact them?

Thank you!
link
Nina1751
Nina1751

Posted On: 6/6/2022
Nina1751
Nina1751
Hi, Can someone tell me if I need to upload citizenship photo when I apply for citizenship online? Thanks
link
Nina1751
Nina1751

Posted On: 6/6/2022
Nina1751
Nina1751
Applying for citizenship online, Question 10 is a bit confusing for me. It says "If you were residing, working or studying outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the country postal or mailing codes... Provide information that covers the 5-Year eligibility period. DO NOT leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you as incomplete."

I have been in and out to various countries outside Canada but only for vacation and family visits but not residing, working or studying. I have listed all my absences when filling out my presence calculation sheet. I don't understand what they mean "DO NOT leave any gaps....."?

Please help me answer this question. Thanks.
link
maverick
maverick

Posted On: 7/25/2022
maverick
maverick
I would like to apply for Citizenship soon but I’d like to change my last name and use my married last name. When I came yo Canada and obtained my PR card, I was still using my single name. Should I update my foreign passport and PR Card before applying citizenship or should I apply for citizenship and request for a name change?

Also, my foreign passport is expiring soon.

Please help by answering this question. Thank u!
link