Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Initial PR Card query 

prikesh.joshi7@gmail.com
[email protected]

Posted On: 6/13/2022
Hi all,
I have landed in mid april with my Wife .2 weeks back I have recieved 2 same emails from IRCTC stating that photos are not as per spec and so need to resubmit them.

I have few queries regarding this
1. There are 2 files .i.e. my (primary) and my wife (dependent) but
only I have recieved this email. I am sure even she needs to do it. What should be my next step? Should I wait for their email for my wife?

2. Address mentioned is Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1
and I have ready many articles stating this address is wrong. Please guide.
link

Posted On: 6/30/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It may be best to contact the IRCC Call Centre or use their web form about pre-emptively correcting the same mistake on your wife's form.

For reference IRCC identifies all photo specifications for PR on their website, here is an excerpt:

Your photos must be:
  • Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.What is an altered photo?
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

It is important that you read the instruction guide to find out where to submit your application or additional documents. You can find the mailing information here on their website. It would appear that the PO Box number and Postal Code differs from what is stated above.

I hope this information is helpful, please reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
preety96
preety96

Posted On: 2/9/2023
preety96
preety96
Hi,
my husband and i got our PR cards in the mail yesterday. Everything is correct on my PR card but my husband's PR card also has my photograph. Please guide on how to get this huge mistake corrected.

Thanks
link

Posted On: 2/28/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

You can find information on how to correct your PR cards here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/correct-mistake.html

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them. You can also contact IRCC directly via web form to get more details about this specific application and what kind of supporting documents you may require.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link